Speedle is an open source, fine-grained access control engine built to address authorization requirements in cloud-native applications. Speedle offers policy-driven access control that provides the ability to externalize authorization decisions to a policy engine that that can evaluate RBAC/ABAC policies for a given logged-in user, or on a process acting on behalf of a user. Speedle includes the SPDL policy definition language.
The open source version of Speedle consists of:
- SPDL policy definition language
- Policy Management Service
- Authorization Decision Service
- Policy Discovery and Debug endpoints
- Command line tool (spctl)
- Integration samples
Speedle is licensed under Universal Permission License v1.0. Users are free to integrate Speedle into their own systems.